Wow, its been about Fourteen (14) Years since I, as a solo practitioner in Wyoming, first addressed how Telemedicine can work for modern medical care. Now, telemedicine is mainstream medical care where patients can truly take charge of their health, as demonstrated on ABC News CHECK THE VIDEO OUT HERE
Let’s talk Telepathology given the common diagnostic errors in the clinical laboratory due to lack of accountability and transparency. CLICK HERE FOR LAB ERROR STATISTICS
A VIDEO DEMONSTRATION OF THE SIMPLICITY OF TELEPATHOLOGY
Examples of Previous Telemedicine/Telepathology Postings By MDC-Atlanta:
TELEMEDICINE/TELEPATHOLOGY AN OPPORTUNITY FOR DIALOGUE
TELEMEDICINE AND PREVENTATIVE CARE
AT MDC-Atlanta, we make telepathology simpler and less expensive as compared to the above video demonstration.
HERE IS HOW TELEPATHOLOGY WORKS At MDC-Atlanta:
1. Patients have a cellular or tissue biopsy done by their primary or specialist physician, and authorize sample to be submitted to MDC-Atlanta; or permanent pathology slides prepared by a CLIA licensed laboratory anywhere in USA can be simply mailed along with the Final Pathology Report to MDC-Atlanta
2. The cellular or tissue sample is transported in the appropriate transport medium via certified express mail at the expense of MDC-Atlanta to our practice address in Atlanta, Georgia. CONTACT DR. GATES FOR INSTRUCTIONS ON SPECIMEN HANDLING/TRANSPORT
3. At receipt of cellular or tissue sample or prepared permanent pathology slide(s) by MDC-Atlanta, the patient and the physician will be personally notified by Dr. Gates, as well as direct communication about specific questions and/or other concerns to be addressed will take place at that time.
4. The cellular or tissue sample will be processed for macroscopic and microscopic description/identification regarding any pathological changes; or, the prepared permanent pathology slide(s) will be reviewed by Dr. Gates
5. A Final Complete Pathology Report will be issued to patient and/or physician with appropriate documentation via email, fax, or other forms of transmission upon request.
6. A video and/or picture of the salient diagnostic features may be presented to patient and/or physician with appropriate request. AN EXAMPLE OF TELEPATHOLOGY VIA VIDEO PRESENTATION
7. Second Opinion by other Nationally Renown Experts may also be provided at the specific requests of patient and/or physician, or as deemed necessary by Dr. Gates for Quality Control/Quality Assurance Policy at MDC-Atlanta
WE, AT MDC-ATLANTA, remain committed to keeping patients informed for better quality, safe, and affordable medical care!!