Letter to New Patient of Medical Diagnostic Choices
I would like to send my deepest regards and sincere appreciation to you for allowing me to be your primary care doctor and laboratory medicine specialist. I consider it an honor and a privilege to do so.
As we establish hopefully a life-long patient-physician relationship, I hope that you will consider me as a partner in the overall management of your health care. I believe this can be done by my honoring your dignity, creating a mutually respectful relationship, and showing compassion for your well-being. It is a prudent decision to have ONE Primary Care Provider to help you manage your overall, general medical care.
Choosing or visiting multiple primary care providers and/or medical specialists who do not communicate one to the other could potentially bring serious harm to your health.
We reserve the right to discharge any patient from our medical practice who violates our medical practice policy, as our primary goal is to provide the highest quality of standard and safe medical care.
We would like to highlight a special feature of our practice at MDC-Atlanta to our new patients: ONLINE MEDICAL CARE, which is provided to our established patients after a face to face visit with Dr. Gates, or to those patients who have NON-emergency acute illness, or stable chronic disease. We believe that this provides convenience for our patients who are generally healthy or who have stable, non-emergency, chronic disease.
For us to establish a relationship that will assure the Highest Quality and Safe Health Care here is what I would suggest:
1. Be compliant with your medication(s); that simply means take your medication(s) as prescribed by the doctor. Also follow the doctor’s order to enhance your well-being, i.e. doing light exercise and managing a sensible nutritional diet as well as keeping your appointed and scheduled visits with the doctor.
2. Self-monitor your blood sugar and blood pressure when necessary if at all possible, and record each reading along with date and time in a notebook for the doctor to review on follow up visits
3. Notify the doctor when you become ill, or if you notice that certain medications that you take cause you to become ill, or if you are seen in the emergency room, or if you are admitted to a hospital
4. Notify the doctor when you have been evaluated by a different doctor who may be unfamiliar to me as your primary care doctor and laboratory medicine specialist
5. Call to schedule follow up office and/or home visits by me.
I can be notified 24/7 by simply calling my office number at: 678-591-6509. My medical practice is accessible 24/7 via the practice website at: http://www.medicaldiagnosticchoices.com, or by contacting the office number. CALL DR. GATES NOW, AT 678-591-6509 TO HAVE A LIVE-FACE-TIME VIDEO CONSULTATION!! At times, you may be invited to participate in our live ONLINE community forums sponsored by me, refer to our link at:Gates’ Global Broadcasting Network, CLICK HERE. During these forums, Dr. Gates will provide an educational session for patients to learn about different types of diseases. This will include a clinical presentation followed by discussion regarding basic human anatomy and physiology, pathophysiology (origin, development and manifestation of diseases), sharing digital diagnostic images via video or pictures,clinical studies, treatment and management, as well as discussion of select relevant, peer-reviewed reference articles from the medical literature. We will also take questions from our patient-physician audience.
WE, AT MDC-ATLANTA HAVE FOUND SOCIAL MEDIA (Instagram,com/atlantapathologist and facebook.com/jacksongates) TO BE AN EFFECTIVE WAY TO GET PATIENTS TO DISCUSS CONFIDENTIAL ISSUES REGARDING HEALTH. Thus our shows on Gates’ Gobal Broadcasting Network (GGBN) are postponed at the current time, and you may CLICK HERE TO JOIN DR GATES ON INSTAGRAM FOR UPDATES ON MEDICAL RELATED ISSUES.
I look forward to working with you as we work together to assure your quality and safe, affordable/convenient health care.
Jackson L. Gates, MD, Chief Practitioner and Owner, Medical Diagnostic Choices, MDC-Atlanta