We, at MDC-Atlanta, believe that online, digital-based medicine is safe, effective, and saves patients time and money while providing convenience for patient.
Primary duty of online medical practice is to first provide a triage-consultation for patients to receive timely medical advice from a licensed physician. While the goal is not to treat every patient’s illness or disease via online communication without properly providing appropriate medical history and physical examination by way of face to face visit in our office or at the patient’s home, proper questioning could lead to patient getting appropriate medical advice from a licensed physician. Online medical survey or consultation saves the patient money, time and route patient in the proper direction for either safe telemedicine/telepathology care/consultation and/or appropriate face to face medical care and/or management.
Here is an online medical consultation/survey that you may complete prior to contacting our office at MDC-Atlanta:
1. Are you currently under the care of a physician? Yes–Please contact your health care provider or have that provider contact Dr. Gates;
NO, then proceed to question #2
2. When was your last visit to a health care provider? Recently or within the past month, year or two years, i.e. days, weeks, months, etc–Please contact that provider or have that health care provider directly contact Dr. Gates
I have not seen a health care provider, and I am over 21 years old, then proceed to question #3.
3. Do you have any medical diagnosis, or are you currently or have you previously been treated for an acute, short-term or chronic, long-term medical condition(s), i.e. heart disease, lung disease, liver disease, kidney disease, diabetes, high blood pressure, stroke, aneurysm, HIV, cancer, connective tissue disease, chronic pain syndrome,etc: YES, Please contact the health care provider who diagnosed and/or treated you for your previous diagnosis(es) and/or illness(es) or have that health care provider directly contact Dr. Gates
NO, then proceed to question #4
4. What are your current symptoms? Do you feel like those symptoms have gotten worse over hours or days, and you are anxious about these symptoms regarding life emergency, and that you have never experienced these symptoms before? Yes, if possible, please go to an emergency room immediately or call 911.
No, then proceed to question #5
5. Have you experienced any other symptoms, i.e. recent cough, fever, night sweats, chest pain, shortness of breath, headaches, fainting, dizziness, weakness, abnormal bleeding, chills, diarrhea, constipation, nausea, vomiting, itching skin, red, irritated or painful, abnormally colored skin lesions, discharge, painful/abnormally colored urination, bone or joint pain, etc, prior to becoming ill with current condition? Yes, Please explain?
No, then proceed to question #6
6. Would you like to schedule a telemedicine consultation with Dr. Gates or schedule a face to face visit with Dr. Gates for diagnostic evaluation, medical care and/or management? NO. Please contact another health care provider to receive appropriate care.
YES, ( please call Dr. Gates to arrange for a direct telemedicine consultation or face to face directed physical examination, medical treatment and/or management in our medical office or at the patient’s home)
Answering the above questions truthfully, could lead to shortened office or home visit, fast rapport, rapid, accurate diagnosis, treatment, and management by Dr. Gates, as well as heightened quality and safe medical care.
THIS IS MEDICINE NOW (CONVENIENT AND FAST MODERN DAY MEDICINE AT ITS BEST, 2013)!
Thank you for visiting Medical Diagnostic Choices-MDC-Atlanta
Jackson L. Gates, MD